Before lodging your complaint, you’re going to need to have prepared the following.
What You’ll Need
- A brief description of the complaint you’re going to lodge
- Your desired outcome from lodging the complaint
- Your personal details, such as: Name, Address and a daytime telephone numbers (and the time best to call you)
- Your Barclays account details
- Any other relevant information, such as policy numbers or references
This will make the call run a lot smoother and get your problem rectified as quickly as possible.
To Complain By Telephone
This is the quickest and most actionable way to lodge a complaint and have your problem rectified. Barclays telephone numbers are free phone, so don’t worry about being on hold too long.
Phone: 0844 220 4013
From Outside The UK: +44 (0) 844 220 4013
To Complain Online
If you’re a little too busy to get to the phone, you can lodge your complaint using Barclays online complaint form.
To Complain By Post
If you’d like to lodge your complaint the old fashioned way, by post, you can do that by Freepost addressing your complaint here.
But, do remember to factor in the the mail response time when you’re waiting for your response.
FREEPOST: RLTA CSUE TCHC
Barclays Bank Plc
If All Else Fails…
If, after 8 weeks you still have not received a satisfactory response, you can escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service are an independent organisation specifically set up by the government to help customers resolve their complaints with banks, insurance companies and finance firms.